Job announcement from DNV GLArbeidsgiverDNV GLStillingstittelSenior Researcher - Life SciencesStedOslo, NorwayFrist16.07.2017VarighetFast
The ideal candidate has both big picture understanding of personalized medicine and clinical genomics, as well as practical experience with bioinformatic tools used for analysis of clinical Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data.
You are inspired by the promise of this field, but are aware of and critical to the technological, analytical, ethical and organizational barriers hindering its effective implementation. You bring strategic and systems thinking approaches to the table to enable quality assurance and data sharing in this area.
The successful candidate will be a part of a unique multidisciplinary and international research team with the opportunity of influencing DNV GL’s.
Life Sciences activities including:
- Developing and conducting research and innovation projects related to the secure sharing of genomic and phenotypic data and developing the foundation for potential third party assurance services in this field. Specifically, you will contribute to:
- applied research on quality assurance of next generation sequencing pipelines, including variant calling, interpretation and clinical reporting;
- the development of solutions and data governance regimes for secure and responsible sharing of genomic information;
- development of validation and verification approaches for software related to the processes above;
- the identification and development of novel business models that could support a 3rd party role for DNV GL in this area;
- the identification of key technology trends related to bioinformatics, NGS and precision medicine.
- Building international networks to develop initiatives and projects related to point 1 including the development of funding proposals.
- Engage with key patient, research, clinical and policy stakeholders related to the use of NGS technology within precision medicine.
- Produce technical reports, scientific papers, non-technical reports and professional presentations.
- Guide and supervise other team members, as well as collaborate with the Information Technology program, GTR and the wider life sciences environment globally across DNV GL.
- Master degree or higher in life sciences, with bioinformatics focus
- Demonstrated practical experience within bioinformatics, preferably in the clinical setting
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English.
- Experience with developing NGS variant pipelines including the curation of clinical variants
- Experience with generation/successful research grant applications.
- Publication and conference presentation record
Our ideal candidate will possess:
Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, is a strategic thinker, enjoys collaboration and ensures a system-wide approach in his/her work, and demonstrates competencies which value respect, performance excellence, and motivation to innovate.
For more information about the position, please contact: